meet the photographer
my name's emily finger, and i am the proud photographer of fingerprints. I was enrolled in a Photography III Portfolio Class the Fall semester of 2011 at Hartwick College, and here is a blog created to show my updates of work, thoughts of other artists, and development of my portfolio throughout the semester. With the semester being over, i am going to continue to use this blog for my Spring Semester at Hartwick 2012, and also just for my work in general.

information
we do: portraits, headshots, fashion, studio work, landscapes, weddings, events, and any type of photography needs! rates are cheap and affordable and are comparable to any beginner photographers.

contact
email me at: chanceawayponey@gmail.com.

check out finger prints.
FLICKR
YOUTUBE
FACEBOOK

keep'n up with the blogg
September 2011
January 2012
March 2012
May 2012

happy snappin'
Better as a Memory - Self Portrait Week 3
Friday, January 13, 2012 @ 11:15 PM
0 comments!

"Of all the goodbyes, the kind which hurts the most is the one your ears never heard but your heart knows it is already being said."

By this time, it was October 8th 2011, and a lot had been going on in my life. My relationships were up in shambles with people who i used to deem important to my life. I was disappointed by someone i had really grown to trust, and i was starting to find self portraits as a comforting way of dealing with that pain. Being publicly attack by this individual and my supposed best friend being nowhere to be found, this shoot was my way of saying that i was ridding my life of negativity, people who only brought me down, and people who truly had no right to be in it. The empty picture frame was a frame hung in my room that had held a picture of me and the main person causing all of my grief. I wanted it to make the statement that as hard as it had previously been for me to accept and let that person go, that i had no problem saying goodbye now, and i wanted nothing more then to have them out of my life. In addition, i had wanted to incorporate the sense of my concentration in fashion photography, which ultimately led to the dress(a success after hitting up the salvation army and them being open this time). Overall, this shoot was a success emotionally, and i liked that i was able to continue to play with crossproccess editing and give the shoot a "Alice in Wonderland" like vibe as many viewers pointed out to me.

Labels: , , ,


Older Post
Newer Post