meet the photographer
my name's emily finger, and i am the proud photographer of fingerprints. I was enrolled in a Photography III Portfolio Class the Fall semester of 2011 at Hartwick College, and here is a blog created to show my updates of work, thoughts of other artists, and development of my portfolio throughout the semester. With the semester being over, i am going to continue to use this blog for my Spring Semester at Hartwick 2012, and also just for my work in general.

information
we do: portraits, headshots, fashion, studio work, landscapes, weddings, events, and any type of photography needs! rates are cheap and affordable and are comparable to any beginner photographers.

contact
email me at: chanceawayponey@gmail.com.

check out finger prints.
FLICKR
YOUTUBE
FACEBOOK

keep'n up with the blogg
September 2011
January 2012
March 2012
May 2012

happy snappin'
Self Portraits - Week 4. Somewhere With You
Sunday, January 15, 2012 @ 11:53 PM
0 comments!

"I can go out every night of the week, can go home with anybody i meet. But it's just a temporary high - because in my heart, when i close my eyes; i'm somewhere with you"

After doing the last few weeks of self portraits trying to express pain, I wanted to show my next step of grieving; through memories. The idea hit me after hearing music artist and youtube sensation Tyler Ward's cover of Somewhere With You. The song (which is beautiful) and became my anthem while all the shit in my life was going on, explores the idea of even when you're with other people and trying to forget about people you've cared about, it doesn't mean you've let go. While i'm in the process of moving on with my life, i do still constantly have flashbacks and memories to what was and what i do miss. So, as part of my self portraits i wanted to do a memory like shoot, that incorporated soft colors, soft lighting, soft focus, and glowing like qualities. I was really happy with how these came out, depicting the happy memories of a relationship in the most relaxed and comfortable way possible, just how one would remember the happy moments of a past relationship.





edit//:
I also got these two images to go together from this shoot.

Labels: , , , , , ,


Older Post
Newer Post