meet the photographer
my name's emily finger, and i am the proud photographer of fingerprints. I was enrolled in a Photography III Portfolio Class the Fall semester of 2011 at Hartwick College, and here is a blog created to show my updates of work, thoughts of other artists, and development of my portfolio throughout the semester. With the semester being over, i am going to continue to use this blog for my Spring Semester at Hartwick 2012, and also just for my work in general.

information
we do: portraits, headshots, fashion, studio work, landscapes, weddings, events, and any type of photography needs! rates are cheap and affordable and are comparable to any beginner photographers.

contact
email me at: chanceawayponey@gmail.com.

check out finger prints.
FLICKR
YOUTUBE
FACEBOOK

keep'n up with the blogg
September 2011
January 2012
March 2012
May 2012

happy snappin'
& when no ones on campus, i make use of the studio.
Monday, January 16, 2012 @ 9:59 PM
0 comments!

"You really have to put yourself in a position of danger to be creative." - David Alan Harvey

I had been trying really hard to not be in the studio and do a lot of work out of it, but over October break being stuck at school and wanting to do something fun with my friend Justin High. I also did a shoot with my lovely friend Salina, in addition to some self portraits. When finishing my last self portrait shoot for the specific series i had, the shoot ended up causing some problems, and i chose not to use the images. While looking back, i probably should have done things differently, but i don't regret it. It was a risk i had to take, and it was the perfect way to end the series. It also gave me closure, which was nice, and now have put all that shit in the past and behind me. Overall, i got some great shoots over break and the break itself was a huge learning and growing experience for me.

SELF PORTRAITS IN STUDIO:
(included is a twilight creation in preparation for the new movie - so stoked!)




SHOOT WITH JUSTIN.

My shoot with Justin had three different parts to it. There was a more artistic shoot, that incorporated poses of more feelings and non-fashion like poses. A second shoot that was more fun and bad ass like. And a third one that was influenced by underwear adds. While blasting 90's music, we had a great time and Justin did a great job. I chose to make most of them black and white because that really seemed to fit the theme of the shoot. While they looked good in color, i found them to have more of an impact in black and white and have a more film like look to them which i really enjoyed.




SHOOT WITH SALINA.

My shoot with Salina was lots of fun. A beautiful girl with her own photography talent, she was a fantastic model, giving me pose after pose with excitement and enthusiasm each time. She was a joy to work with, and many of her photos looked like beauty shots for Cover Girl or other makeup/hair/cosmetic companies/brands and some even resembled the musical artist Rhianna. She was also a big emotional support for me through this week an i owe her a lot. I look forward to working with her in the future and can't wait to see what other amazing things she produces within her own line and medias of work.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,


Older Post
Newer Post