meet the photographer
my name's emily finger, and i am the proud photographer of fingerprints. I was enrolled in a Photography III Portfolio Class the Fall semester of 2011 at Hartwick College, and here is a blog created to show my updates of work, thoughts of other artists, and development of my portfolio throughout the semester. With the semester being over, i am going to continue to use this blog for my Spring Semester at Hartwick 2012, and also just for my work in general.

information
we do: portraits, headshots, fashion, studio work, landscapes, weddings, events, and any type of photography needs! rates are cheap and affordable and are comparable to any beginner photographers.

contact
email me at: chanceawayponey@gmail.com.

check out finger prints.
FLICKR
YOUTUBE
FACEBOOK

keep'n up with the blogg
September 2011
January 2012
March 2012
May 2012

happy snappin'
Clownin' Around
Sunday, March 25, 2012 @ 12:59 PM
0 comments!

"Fear is a darkroom where negatives develop." - Usman B. Asif


I wanted to do something crazy, something a little spooky, something more artsy. Dee's and my answer? a clown. I wanted these images to not be deemed "pretty" or "beautiful." I wanted these to explore movement, color, and disturbance. While most would say these photos are "creepy" and unlike my other work, i was actually quite fond of them, and thought they were successful in the fact i was able to achieve the experimentation i wanted and they didn't look awful. It was an enjoyable shoot, and Dee as a dancer, was able to get into character and create very different and enticing poses creating a very disturbing and spooky theme to what was already a very twisted photo shoot. I also really enjoyed working with a slower shutter speed and exploring the color and vibrance of red against black with some contrasting white.

Labels: , , , , ,


Older Post
Newer Post