meet the photographer
my name's emily finger, and i am the proud photographer of fingerprints. I was enrolled in a Photography III Portfolio Class the Fall semester of 2011 at Hartwick College, and here is a blog created to show my updates of work, thoughts of other artists, and development of my portfolio throughout the semester. With the semester being over, i am going to continue to use this blog for my Spring Semester at Hartwick 2012, and also just for my work in general.

information
we do: portraits, headshots, fashion, studio work, landscapes, weddings, events, and any type of photography needs! rates are cheap and affordable and are comparable to any beginner photographers.

contact
email me at: chanceawayponey@gmail.com.

check out finger prints.
FLICKR
YOUTUBE
FACEBOOK

keep'n up with the blogg
September 2011
January 2012
March 2012
May 2012

happy snappin'
Nina Dobrev Inspired - Corn Fields; John Bregar
Tuesday, January 17, 2012 @ 12:33 AM
0 comments!

“People who are confident, happy, enthusiastic, vivacious and vibrant are the ones other people are generally attracted to. You’re drawn to those kinds of people—you’re not drawn to the person in the corner of the room counting calories with her shoulders slumped over.” Nina Dobrev
I. LOVE. Nina. Dobrev. I'm also a huge fan of the Vampire Diaries, as it's one of the only shows i actually keep up with weekly...okay, the only show i keep up with weekly. I think Nina is a beautiful woman who is incredible at what she does. When i saw this photo shoot by John Bregar, i loved it and immediately wanted to do my own shoot at a corn maze.






"When I ask to photograph someone, it is because I love the way they look and I think I make that clear. I'm paying them a tremendous compliment. What I'm saying is, I want to take you home with me and look at you for the rest of my life." - Amy Arbus - On the question: "How do you get cooperation from your subjects for such wonderful portraits?" Interview with Amy Arbus - Revealing Human Nature Through Portrait Photography.
After looking into this shoot, i looked up John Bregar's Photography and am in love with his work. He has an AMAZING camera and FANTASTIC eye. His images all show and focus on an expertise and technique of light usage that make his work absolutely brilliant. His use of depth of field, sharpness and blurring, and overall image quality is astounding and i am seriously in awe of his work. In a quote talking about his work, Bregar said that, "The understanding and expert manipulation of light is what makes my work shine amongst the rest. My lighting techniques are rare as nature has given me the artistic predisposition, not institution." He works out of Los Angels and Toronto.
Bregar is not only a photographer, but also an actor who is best known for his role in Degrassi: The Next Generation, taking on a complicated and challenging role to truly kick off his acting career and show off his talent by playing gay teen Dylan Michalchuk. He was born in 1985 in Canada, and at such a young age, versatile, athletic and eager, Bregar is a hard-working Toronto actor with a promising career in television, film and photography.
He actually has his e-mail and contact information accessible on his website and i would love to intern with him at some point. His work truly inspires me, ranging from headshots, portraits, fashion, nature, as well as causes. When the oil leak happened in the gulf, he did a shoot with 22 models in Toronto depicting two sides of each model, a golden glowing one with sand across their body, next to a dark and gunky one showing the gulf before and after the leak. The pictures are absolutely stunning and it's so great to a photographer who is more people oriented use his talent to take a stand on social/economic issues. I really admire him and am truly influenced by much of his work.

Here are some more of my favorite photos from him. Check out more of his work at his website which is linked earlier in this post.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,


Older Post
Newer Post